The Station Activity Survey (SAS) collects information from public broadcasting stations about their operations so that the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) can:
- advocate the interests of public broadcasting to Congress, the Federal Communications Commission and the American public;
- help stations and other public broadcasting organizations with planning and evaluation;
- study and anticipate industry-wide trends;
- and monitor the results of stations' equal employment opportunity practices.
SAS data also helps us to calculate the next fiscal year's Community Service Grants for our grantees. All CPB- supported grant recipients must complete the SAS survey in order to receive the second payment of the Community Service Grants.
Joint licensees must complete a separate SAS survey for TV and Radio.
If you need assistance please contact CPB at (866) 635-ISIS  or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 SAS Survey System
- TV 2018 Instruction Guide
Version 13-1, 274KB PDF
- TV 2018 Survey Questions
Version 13-1, 81KB Excel
- TV 2018 Frequently Asked Questions
Version 13-1, 116KB PDF
- Radio 2018 Instruction Guide
Version 13-1, 507KB PDF
- Radio 2018 Survey Questions
Version 13-1, 116KB Excel
- Radio 2018 Frequently Asked Questions
Version 13-1, 119KB PDF