The Station Activity Survey (SAS) collects information from public broadcasting stations about their operations so that the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) can:
- advocate the interests of public broadcasting to Congress, the Federal Communications Commission and the American public;
- help stations and other public broadcasting organizations with planning and evaluation;
- study and anticipate industry-wide trends;
- and monitor the results of stations' equal employment opportunity practices.
SAS data also helps us to calculate the next fiscal year's Community Service Grants for our grantees. All CPB- supported grant recipients must complete the SAS survey in order to receive the second payment of the Community Service Grants.
Joint licensees must complete a separate SAS survey for TV and Radio.
If you need assistance please contact CPB at (866) 635-ISIS  or by e-mail at email@example.com.
2019 SAS Survey System
- TV 2019 Instruction Guide
Version 14-1, 279KB PDF
- TV 2019 Survey Questions
Version 14-2, 92KB Excel
- TV 2019 Frequently Asked Questions
Version 14-1, 127KB PDF
- Radio 2019 Instruction Guide
Version 14-1, 562KB PDF
- Radio 2019 Survey Questions
Version 14-2, 103KB Excel
- Radio 2019 Frequently Asked Questions
Version 14-1, 126KB PDF