Member Growth Specialist
As KCRW evolves from a beloved public radio station to a multi-platform media and culture organization, our concept of membership must evolve as well. Our members are our lifeblood, a passionate cohort of curious enthusiasts, and our future is connecting them to each other and to a rich ecosystem of cultural experiences.
Member Growth Specialist reports to the Senior Manager, Member Growth and will help create and implement a successful and comprehensive sustainer-focused revenue and member growth program. Responsibilities include strategy and message development, implementation, and analysis to grow this vital funnel to membership at KCRW. This includes executing member growth efforts across all audience communication channels—broadcast, digital, direct mail, email, social, and emerging platforms. This role combines a passion for copywriting, furthering projects, and getting deliverables done on time, as well as tracking the results and iterating for the future.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Senior Manager, Member Growth, and departments across the organization to maximize member growth, including researching, testing, developing, and executing multi-channel member growth campaigns including pledge drives and other year-round efforts. Campaigns will focus on acquisition, renewal, upgrades, add gift, and sustainer and EFT conversion.
- Write and edit promotional campaign copy for multi-channel use
- Oversee member renewals, upgrades, and conversion program and the anniversary program for sustainers with execution support from the Senior Manager, Member Services and Membership Associates
- Track conversion metrics, renewal rates, campaign effectiveness, and help identify opportunities for improvement
- Partner with the Manager, Member Engagement to ensure regular communication to members and customized stewardship plan for member segments
- Help strengthen the pipeline from membership to major donors
- Identify opportunities to streamline department processes and procedures
- Help staff membership events
- Perform additional tasks as required or assigned by Senior Manager, Member Growth
- Must be self-motivated, with limited direction from manager
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- 3 years progressively responsible experience in a membership, marketing, or sales role that includes writing, editing, campaign coordination, and at least 1 year of data-driven reporting analytics
- Ability to be innovative, and forward-thinking with a demonstrated competency in strategy as well as strong abilities in relationship management
- A sharp lens on contemporary culture and the ability to discern and deliver offerings that would excite our audience
- A collaborative approach. This position must have the ability to work well with senior leadership and across departments at KCRW
- Strong communication and organizational skills, including project leadership and management skills
- Strong email and donor CRM experience, preferably Hubspot and Salesforce
- A love of KCRW and its mission
Salary range: $62,000–$70,000
Please submit your resume and cover letter to be considered for the role.
KCRW aims to represent Southern California, and candidates with traditionally underrepresented backgrounds and perspectives are encouraged to apply. KCRW is an equal opportunity employer and actively recruits to promote diversity in our workforce. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.