Grantees should thoroughly review the fiscal year 2021 Television CSG General Provisions and Eligibility Criteria (General Provisions) that govern their 2021 Community Service Grant.
The CPB Board of Directors adopted changes to FY 2021 television CSG policy on September 23, 2019. The board resolution is viewable at this link.
Below is a summary of revisions made to the General Provisions.
Part I. CSG Program
- Section 10: Permitted CSG Expenditures: Detail moved to Exhibit B.
- Detail for the Program Differentiation Incentive (PDI) removed because the incentive has been incrementally phased out since 2016 and is entirely discontinued for fiscal year 2021.
- Section 14: Extent of CPB Commitment clarifies how the CSG would be recalculated if there is a change to the federal appropriation after grants are calculated.
PART II. Supplemental Programs
- Descriptions of the Healthy Network Initiative’s Joint Master Control and One Executive Management grant programs removed because these programs ended in fiscal year 2020.
PART IV. Definitions
- Definitions pertaining to the PDI and Healthy Network Initiative grant programs were removed.
- CSG expenditures information (previously in Section 10)
Fiscal Year 2021
- Television Community Service Grant (CSG) General Provisions and Eligibility Criteria, FY 2021 396KB PDF
All questions about this information should be directed to the Office of Grants Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to identify your station call letters and/or grantee ID number so that we can respond quickly to your inquiry.