Arizona Public Media in Tucson, Arizona seeks an Executive Producer.
The Executive Producer oversees all original television production for Arizona Public Media (AZPM), a non-profit public media organization that delivers radio, television, online, and digital content as a community service of the University of Arizona (UA) in Tucson. The Executive Producer is responsible for the overall look, style, and content of AZPM weekly television programs, documentaries, and other long-form and short-form video content. A successful candidate is a visual storyteller, and the ability to work creatively within a linear environment. This position is a member of the AZPM Senior Management team and reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proven strategic thinking, budget development, prioritization, and management skills.
• A strong team orientation with ability to effectively communicate at all levels with clients, production partners, staff, senior management, peers, and industry colleagues.
• Ability to motivate and manage staff.
• Outstanding editorial skills including editing, producing, and writing.
• Ability to use data to drive insights and inform decision making.
• Ability to multi-task and manage projects.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work within strict budgets
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 7 years of related work experience, including 3 years of managerial experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience in content development and television production, including 3-5 years at management/supervisory level.
- Experience developing content that is thought-provoking and suited for the intellectually curious, while maintaining the highest levels of creativity and artistry.
- Experience working collaboratively with creative and editorial talent.
- Experience as the showrunner or editorial lead.
Please apply through the following link. All applications to Arizona Public Media must be taken through the University of Arizona's hiring website: