||$74,140.00 - $82,300.00 Annually
||Idaho Public Television
||03/31/19 11:59 PM
Idaho Public Television invites applications for a Director of Finance
Special Notification: This is a full-time leadership position, serving at the pleasure of the General Manager. This position is exempt from classified service and the Rules of the Division of Human Resources, and is subject to Idaho State Board of Education policies.
|EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
Provides executive-level, strategic financial management for Idaho Public Television Management including:
- Develops, recommends, and implements financial policy and procedures of the Boise, Moscow, and Pocatello offices to ensure agency-wide integration and compliance with state and agency financial and business matters.
- Oversees multiple accounts of short-term investments related to future cash flows and revenue generation from cash reserves, including the Friends of Idaho Public Television, Inc.
- Oversees private and federal grant administration and financial reporting
- Attends Friends of Idaho Public Television, Inc. board meetings providing financial reports, information, and recommendations as requested.
- Provides management, consultation, and decision-making into the agency's short-and long-term processes not only related to financial matters, but to the application of information technology, capital improvement projects, policy-making authority, internal controls, facilities and the evaluation of programs to further the agency's mission.
- Member of Agency Leadership Team.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a Bachelor's degree in business with at least 20 semester credit hours in accounting.
- Public Sector accounting and finance experience.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Master's Degree, Certified Government Financial Manager® or Certified Professional Accountant.
- Non-Profit financial and/or Public Broadcasting financial experience a plus.
- Current and comprehensive knowledge of state and federal laws, rules and regulations, including: GASB/GAAP, IRS rules for non-profit.
- Leading a fiscal team for all related processes, including G/L, revenue and expense, asset management, risk management, grants, and purchasing.
- Preparing annual financial reports that are subject to full audits.
- Knowledge of state accounting systems (such as STARS) and fund accounting systems (such as Navigator).
- Ability to work in a team environment by providing internal and external customer service.
- Demonstrates the ability to complete work in a timely manner, keep commitments, be accountable and stay balanced under pressure.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Sets and follows priorities, uses time effectively, achieves work goals.
|How to Apply:
Please send the following documents toTony.Howard@idahoptv.org :
- An up-to-date resume
- A cover letter expressing your reasons for applying for the position.
- Supplemental sheet describing your experience for each of the bullet pointed items listed under the following headings:
Experience and Knowledge
If for any item, you do not have specific qualifications or experience, please state None.