Do you want to make a positive difference in the lives of people across four states and Canada? Do you want to join a high-performing team of dedicated professionals who work effectively together, have fun, and share the joy of truly making the world a better place? Are you attracted to the idea of serving as a leader and spokesperson for public television and programs that enrich, educate and inform?
Since its founding in 1970, the Public Broadcasting System has become the most trusted national institution in North America. KSPS Public Television, a national PBS affiliate, is proud to represent this legacy and lead the exciting new definition of what it means to serve the public interest with the power of broadcast programming. Based in Spokane, WA, KSPS serves audiences from Calgary and Edmonton in Canada to cities and regions across Idaho, Washington, Oregon and Montana. This extensive geographic reach, among the largest in public television, encompasses over 2 million households. Today, we are preparing to build on this platform and launch an ambitious expansion of our programs and services with high-impact initiatives in education, workforce development, arts & culture, and health care.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to help communicate these initiatives to hundreds of diverse potential supporters and assist with seeking their partnership and investment, ranging from private individuals and corporate leaders to foundation executives, government leaders and other diverse partners. We invite applicants who would like to help lead our initiatives as part of our team of creative and committed professionals.
The ideal candidate will be a results-driven, team- and detail-oriented professional who is comfortable working on multiple tasks in a deadline-oriented environment. While nonprofit or fund raising experience is not required, prior experience in nonprofit administration or development is a plus.
- This position is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with approximately 150 individuals, engaging them in the work and mission of KSPS, and seeking their partnership and investment of time, talent and expertise in our new initiatives in education, workforce development, arts & culture, and health care.
- This position has substantial internal management responsibilities as well as significant interaction with the Board of Directors, senior management, other staff, and the general public.
- Secondary responsibilities include efficient and accurate management of data; planning and organizing; team building; and general administrative support.
- Shares KSPS’ goals and strategies with key stakeholders across the states and western Canada for their advice and feedback.
- Serves as a liaison in support of the outreach, advocacy and relationship building efforts of the Board of Directors and CEO to a carefully identified set of leaders in philanthropy, corporate, government, nonprofit, and community advocacy.
- Directly oversees relationships with approximately 150 current and prospective financial supporters. Ensures that each individual receives continuous, personalized attention and ongoing engagement in furtherance of that individual’s relationship with and support of KSPS. On average, conducts a minimum of one and an optimum of three personal contacts with current and prospective supporters each business day.
- Provides direct, efficient, responsive and personalized support for KSPS Board Members to support each Board Member’s work to establish and build strong and productive relationships with current and prospective partners and investors.
- Ensures that each financial supporter receives personalized, face-to-face follow up reports that explain the use of funding and the benefits created. Before these reports are generated, each individual will be consulted on the means of reporting that are most suitable and helpful for each.
- Ensures that each contact with a current and prospective investor is reported according to office policy and procedures no later than 24 hours after occurrence.
- Ensures the donor database is continuously updated with accurate, appropriately organized information.
- Conducts the production, distribution and analysis of bi-weekly and monthly pipeline reports that summarize the current relationship stage and activity levels with all current and prospective partners and supporters: individuals, foundations, corporations, government agencies and impact investors.
- Gift Processing – ensures that everyone who provides a donation of time, financial or in-kind resources receives a personalized acknowledgment and gift receipt within three business days; ensures that all checks, cash or other financial instruments are processed in a manner that reflects best practices around financial controls, book keeping and accounting. Supports the monthly reconciliation process with all appropriate follow-up detail.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- CRM database experience preferred
- Proficient in MicrosoftOffice suite
- High level of organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and desire to work as part of team; identify with and support the mission of KSPS
- A commitment to the values of KSPS: Professionalism, Integrity, Compassion, Inclusion and Initiative
Reports to: Chief Investments & Partnerships Officer
Depends on experience. Generous benefit package. Individuals who are successful in this role will see opportunities for promotion which includes an increasing level of responsibility and corresponding pay increases
Friends of KSPS/KSPS Public Television is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Apply now at: http://aiin.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2exzbbamqdw