Customer Support Specialist - Rocky Mountain Public Media
We are looking for a customer service oriented, friendly, organized and professional employee to engage with Rocky Mountain Public Media's visitors, customers and guests. This could be a great stepping-stone to a prosperous career with our growing family.
The Customer Support Specialist is the first point of contact for guests who visit or contact Rocky Mountain Public Media. The ideal candidate is a professional and detail-oriented multi-tasker accustomed to managing simultaneous requests. This position is responsible for handling a wide variety of customer service interactions. This position is the face and voice of Rocky Mountain Public Media, engaging with listeners, viewers and members in a timely and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Acts as front-line customer support for RMPM, providing excellent service to inbound calls, emails, and in-person visitors, handling all guests and requests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Maintains a safe and secure facility by ensuring all RMPM guests and visitors follow check-in/check-out procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of and be able to communicate RMPBS and KUVO programs, activities, and events to guests, visitors, and callers.
- Researches and enacts new Customer Service techniques utilizing emerging technologies and maximizing current tools.
- Reports on internal and external audience trends and drives audience-driven initiatives in Membership and across other departments.
- Serves as first line of inquiry and response for member questions re: RMPBS Passport, member accounts, benefits, member events, and general membership inquiries. Works closely with Membership team on best practices to provide resolution and response.
- Serves as first point of contact for all audience related questions, to include programming and schedule as well as technical difficulties.
- Maintains expertise in membership database. Gathers and inputs relevant data into the member database to build actionable customer intelligence that is shared across all departments in a format that facilitates understanding and progress toward meeting the needs of our audiences.
- Records pledges and payments in member database; assigns benefits as appropriate, and changes pledges and premiums as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned and/or required.
Minimum Qualifications of Position
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Preferred Qualifications of Position
- Spanish language skills a plus.
- 1-2 years of administrative and customer support experience.
- Passionate about RMPM programs and offerings.
- Prior experience using Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) systems is a plus.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate effectively to people of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and resolve unexpected situations.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of and prior usage of Office365 applications, including SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of basic audio/video equipment and web conferencing tools.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position must apply at https://www.rmpbs.org/about/jobs/ Please submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, and employment experience.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements.
Position will be posted until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.