KUNC and The Colorado Sound are community-licensed public radio stations, operated by Community Radio for Northern Colorado, Inc., a 501 (c) 3, Colorado non-profit organization. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Corporate Sales Associate. Corporate Support Associate identifies and meets with business owners, key decision makers, and advertising agencies to secure sponsorship support for KUNC and The Colorado Sound.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding and appreciation for public radio. While this position is similar to that of a salesperson in commercial broadcasting or local print media, it is important that Corporate Support Associate embraces the characteristics of public radio sponsorships.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- 3 years sales experience with successful track record for meeting and exceeding sales goals. Media sales experience is desired, however a strong background in other sales is acceptable.
- Proven track record of successful sales working with key decision makers.
- Effectively targeted and self-confident cold calling skills.
- Persuasive winning attitude with strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional customer service management.
- Skill to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating respect for the diverse constituencies at KUNC/The Colorado Sound and within the public broadcasting system at all times.
- Ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple responsibilities at once, and shift gears quickly.
For a full job description and instructions on how to apply, please visit www.kunc.org/employment-internships. For best consideration, apply by 5/31/2019. Community Radio for Northern Colorado is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace.
For a full job description and instructions on how to apply, please visit www.kunc.org/employment-internships.