KUNC, in partnership with Harvest Public Media, has an opening for a Full Time Reporter specializing in agribusiness stories. Harvest Public Media is a consortium of six NPR-affiliate stations who have formed a network to provide in-depth, impartial and critical agribusiness reporting from across the Midwest. We’re looking for a versatile and creative individual to cover the topic of agribusiness on multiple media platforms. Topics will include, but are not limited to, energy and climate change, food safety, bio-fuels, animal production and welfare, water quality, and local food systems. A complete job description is available at kunc.org.
We prefer candidates with the following:
- Strong writing, interview, and production skills
- A vast knowledge of agribusiness topics
- A public radio background, but are open to training an applicant with significant news reporting experience in print or television
- Multimedia skills (audio editing, news writing for web, photography/video, social media, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible with reporting assignments while still meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively, demonstrating an understanding and respect for public broadcasting in general and the diverse constituencies
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus but not required
Please submit a completed resume, cover letter, and audio samples to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. For best consideration please submit your materials by December 15th. KUNC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.